In-line midi editing

Jenibucket

In-line midi editing

Postby Jenibucket » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi guys! I've been desperately looking for a solution to this and have come up empty. Music Box Composer lets you open a midi file, but typically the key is wrong and the song sounds wonky. I would like for Music Box Composer to ask you if you'd like to transpose the midi, and then find the right key to best fit the music box's limited range. I'm sure that's nearly impossible, but it would sure make my day!

jbadmin
Site Admin

Re: In-line midi editing

Postby jbadmin » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Are you using the desktop version? If you select all after importing you can use the up and down arrows to offset all notes and manually find the best match: immediately after importing the notes values are not clamped by the range so maintain their offsets (after saving the values are clamped).

I guess I could evaluate the max/min of the notes and then try to fit the range which might get it closer requiring less up/down steps, but I don't imagine it'll be much more than that.

cheers,
grant

Jenibucket

Postby Jenibucket » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:25 am

OH

MY

GOSH

THAT JUST DID WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO FOR THREE DAYS

I LOVE YOU

Jenibucket

Postby Jenibucket » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:28 am

Is there anything similar to increase the space between notes to be able to use 16th notes?

jbadmin
Site Admin

Postby jbadmin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:49 am

You can set the playback speed to something other than 1 and then use the 'apply time' option which will rescale the notes based on the speed value you have set, but it's probably too crude if you are looking for an exact scaling to leave notes on bars. I'll think about what could be done about that.

cheers,
grant

Return to “Wishlist/Feedback”