[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Which Paper to use / Welches Papier soll man nehmen -Music Box Composer

Which Paper to use / Welches Papier soll man nehmen

Dampfboot

Which Paper to use / Welches Papier soll man nehmen

Postby Dampfboot » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:34 am

Hello @ All

I am new here - love the program and all the great arrangements contributed by the members already!

Which is your preferred paper quality/brand for best playing results and high durability?
Last edited by Dampfboot on Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rainer from Hannover, Germany

www.steamboating.de

Dampfboot

Re: Which Paper to use / Welches Papier soll man nehmen

Postby Dampfboot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:55 pm

Meanwhile I tried out several papers as punch card.

The original paper strips which came with the music box are 0.3 mm (0,0118 inch) thick. For me it looks like they are some kind of plastic coated?

My first trials with 0.5 mm thick paper ruined my first music box already because it was so thick that the gears broke apart.

Next I tried out 'Cromolux' paper because it comes in the original thickness of .3 mm and has one nice mirror like shiny side.
But I found out that this paper is to soft to withstand the mechanical treatment by the pick levers.

In the moment I have quite some success with a 250 g/m² and 0,2 mm thick three times coated letterpress paper from a local shop. Will play it some more times to tell you if it is good or not.
Rainer from Hannover, Germany

www.steamboating.de

mathom

Postby mathom » Sun May 22, 2016 4:06 am

Hello Rainer

Did you find this paper to be satisfactory? I just received my 30 note music box and have cut some strips with my Cricut cutting machine. I'm using what we in the US call 65 pound card stock. This particular paper is quite smooth. My results have been somewhat uneven. Some strips play fine while others seem to have trouble. The paper seems to me to be a little thinner and also doesn't have the glossy coating of the standard strips.

musicadejuguete

Postby musicadejuguete » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi, after a lot of trial and error, I got the paper that works for me, it's name is Couche (at least in Mexico) and it's 300grs.

Hope it help you guys.

Benarg

Postby Benarg » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Hello all,

I've been trying various different paper types and gsm ratings and haven't found any success so far.

I've tried 160, 180 and 210gsm respectively in both glossy and matte styles, all in A4.

The pre-made strips take forever to come through on import, so I'd greatly appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction, as I've also tried a few of the above mentioned examples and I don't really want to have to keep spending a fair bit on the pre-made strips.

Many thanks,
Ben

AlexD

Postby AlexD » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Hazelpn

-

Postby Hazelpn » Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:30 am

You could attempt to soak the paper with CA glue, and after allowing it to dry you should have an easily sanded material.

As to painting, perhaps airbrush?

Return to “Tips/Techniques”