Anybody there? / Gibts hier sonst noch wen?

Suggestions, complaints...
B13

Anybody there? / Gibts hier sonst noch wen?

Postby B13 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Is this forum alive?

Is anybody here?

- - - - -

Seit ich diesem Forum beigetreten bin (ca. 1 Woche), stelle ich keine weitere Frequenzierung durch irgendeinen Nutzer (außer meiner selbst) fest. Poste ich hier in einem schlafenden oder gar totem Forum?

Gibts hier sonst noch wen?

b13
Friendly reguards.
B13

AlexD

Re: Anybody there? / Gibts hier sonst noch wen?

Postby AlexD » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:27 pm

There's members that pop in and check on things, never seen a huge number but still some.

B13

Postby B13 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 am

Hi Alex,

pleasured to meet you here. Thanks.

b13
Friendly reguards.
B13

B13

Postby B13 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:02 am

This forum is a sleepy room ...

Nobody has any ideas or problems with music boxes or with MBC. I have, since update ios 11.
Friendly reguards.
B13

AlexD

Postby AlexD » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:48 am

Lots of ideas, just not so much time to work on them here. Still hoping to make up some new gear teeth for the roller mechanism that would allow notes to be played in closer succession than what they currently do on the movements. Also want to try machining out a new set of comb teeth that more of the sharps/flats for a fully chromatic scale.

B13

Postby B13 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Wow.
I just had problems with a 30th-movement, because the paper-transport-barrel didn´t run in center. It stompled as a egg. I sent it back, because i am NOT the technical-scorcerer to get this done.

It was a newtime WHITE transportbarrel, that did not work properly. Chinese didn´t work good. It´s a matter of luck to get some good stuff from there.

My old RED transportbarrel on a 20th-movement runs exactly proper in center, as it should be.

Alex, do you modify the whole machine? - I could not at least.

b13
Friendly reguards.
B13

AlexD

Postby AlexD » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:33 am

I had bought a couple hand cranked and one or two battery powered 30 note versions through aliexpress and eBay years back, they were all fairly good (and still are thankfully). I only had to tear the battery powered one apart once when the paper got jammed feeding through (it was cut out and taped together strips that were not very straight, so with the motor it fed in crooked and jammed).

We have a fairly decent machine shop built up here at our home (where I make woodwind instruments) so I can generally machine out bits and pieces and parts fairly well. When I was looking at how the 4-spoke wheels that strike the combs worked I got the feeling that they could probably have more teeth to allow notes to be played closer to one another (it's definitely the limiting factor for those now). There should be enough room inside to also fit another few segments to add on some extra notes, but that would also need a new comb machined out as well which will be a little trickier and probably take a lot of trial and error to get one with the correct notes.

Winter is coming though, and here it tends to last until March or April (sometimes later) so hoping to get a chance to sit down and try a few experiments. Would open up a lot more potential tunes to play on these movements with those extra notes (especially the missing sharps and flats).

B13

Postby B13 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:17 am

Hi Alex,

thanks for you informations.

I bought a "uilleann pipe practice set" in bavarian wood here in germany last summer. It was built for me.

Do you sell well working movements and spareparts? Here in germany i can´t get some spareparts, only bad running movements from china. I´m interested in 30th and 33th (chromatical).

reguards.

b13
Friendly reguards.
B13

AlexD

Postby AlexD » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Went down the slippery slope of piping, did you? Now you're in for it, a lifetime of cursing at reeds! :lol: (have a pakistani half set myself, haven't messed with them as much as I would have liked over the last few years but will get back to them again too at some point).

I could probably make some of the parts depending, the only thing I wouldn't be 100% sure on is how they might fit with different makes and models of the musical movements. The ones I have are the Sankyo and Yunsheng brands in 20 and 30 note. The only 33 note chromatic versions that I knew of were being made by one of the workers from Sankyo originally who produced them all by hand, and they fairly expensive (and I don't believe are being made any longer).

If you can post or send a picture of which parts you lacking I could see if they were something that I could make or not.

B13

Postby B13 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi Alex,

the 33th are available here in Germany and in France, but the seller told me, he would not be shure, if they do not run good or not. And as they are expensive in deed, i think, it must have be good for this big money. But he´s afraid, they are not as good.

I tried a 30th machine at this seller and it was bad. So i gave it back and got my money back.

B13
Friendly reguards.
B13

Return to “Forum Feedback”