Save-Load RPM Element Presets error

Nick Jensen

Save-Load RPM Element Presets error

Postby Nick Jensen » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:50 am

Hey Grant,

There seems to be an issue in RPM v.6.67, when trying to save Element sets to a file, and loading it again on either the same or another pass.
The problem may be related to scenes created with previous versions of RPM, which is the case for most of our template files.
I've tried stripping RPM data, and recreating from the scene (which is still an "old" scene) - but the problem persists even after recreating new RPM data from current setup.

(MAX 2017 - Vray 3.60.03)

As you can imagine, this is quite inconvenient, when your only option is to manually recreate 10+ elements in 20 passes.

The data seems to save fine, but it can't load/shows uip empty/undefined.
See attached files for what I'm getting.
Attachments
Err_02.jpg
Err_02.jpg (118.77 KiB) Viewed 6553 times
Err_01.jpg
Err_01.jpg (22.66 KiB) Viewed 6553 times

Nick Jensen

Re: Save-Load RPM Element Presets error

Postby Nick Jensen » Fri May 03, 2019 10:41 am

Hey Grant,

Any thoughts on this one?

Cheers,
/Nick

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun May 05, 2019 5:42 am

Hi

It could be a specific element that is causing issues. To test this, if you could save out elements in two halves, and see if they both have the issue - if they do, try just one element and see if it's working at all.

If one half works, you can continue to test half of the set you know is bad - which should narrow down on the problem item much faster thatn doing it individually.

Let me know what you come up with, either none working, or ideally the one that is causing a problem. (If you found which it was, you could save some time by at least loading all the other ones.)

thanks,
grant

Nick Jensen

Postby Nick Jensen » Mon May 06, 2019 8:11 am

allright - I've tested the template scene, and It appears that the only elements that aren't affected, are VraySpecular and VrayLightSelect.

VrayExtraTex, MultiMatteElement, VrayReflection all crap out.

4 VrayLightselects and a VraySpecular will export/import just fine. Those however, may have been added to the template in a newer version of RPmanager than what the template was originally created in, if that makes sense? As in we have recently updated the 2-year old template with some new features and additional elements. So some "old" rpmanager-stuff has most likely been carried over.

I can create new elements in a blank scene and they all export/import just fine. So it does appear to be some kind of inconsistency with how the old and new version of RPmanager handles element export/import.
Even if I delete and recreate the elements one by one in the old (but updated) template, it will return the same error. So the only option would be to recreate the template entirely from scratch, but this only fixes the template, and obviously not any other older file, should we happen to work on such one.

I can send you the template, if you'd like to poke around. It's only about 700kb's.

Cheers,
/Nick

Nick Jensen

Postby Nick Jensen » Mon May 06, 2019 8:15 am

Additionally, the Maxscript listener returns this:

"-- Syntax error: at bad, expected )
-- In line: #(MultiMatteElement, "MultiMatteElement_A", ""Z|N"
-- In line: #(VRayExtraTex, "VRayExtraTex_AO", "", true, true, #(true, true, true, true, true, ""#matlib|N"
-- In line: #(VRayExtraTex, "VRayExtraTex_AO", "", true, true, #(true, true, true, true, true, ""#matlib|N"
-- In line: #(VRayReflection, "VRayReflection", ""Z|N"

- not sure if many instances of the ExtraTex error is from me fiddling around.

Cheers,
/Nick

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon May 06, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi

Yes, please send me a file - rpmanager@rpmanager.com

cheers,
grant

Nick Jensen

Postby Nick Jensen » Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 am

Niceness. Should be in your inbox by now.

Cheers.,
/Nick

Return to “Bugs”