Update Render Elements Path confusion?

bentITdude

Update Render Elements Path confusion?

Postby bentITdude » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:37 pm

Heyo,

We were experiencing this issue where our render elements were not being saved in their designated folder, instead saved in root folder. RPM would create the folders for the render elements but save them alongside the beauty frame sequence.

After some digging around I tried turning OFF 'Update Render Elements Path' and now the elements are saving in their respective folders.

My question is, shouldn't an option title 'Update Render Elements Path' be an option that DOES place Render Elements in their respective folders? Seems misleading to me, but I wanted to hear about the logic for this option and how I might reframe my understanding of it.

Thanks
Attachments
Annotation 2020-06-23 113322.png
Annotation 2020-06-23 113322.png (27.56 KiB) Viewed 2332 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Update Render Elements Path confusion?

Postby admin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi

That's a Thinkbox setting that RPM has nothing to do with, so I'm not sure what it's doing but I do turn it off myself as RPM already manages where the elements go. I guess that setting will be modifying the paths either during submission or during render.

FYI the Deadline UI in RPM is the same UI you get when you use their standalone UI, embedded into RPM, RPM just adds a per-pass storage of the deadline data on top of that.

cheers,
grant

Return to “Questions”